Pages

Thursday 28 August 2014

Where The Sky Meets The Sand Chapter 1.3



Eiffel Tower in the 1970-s


Part 3

Time went by and Michele and Kashfiya went to study in Paris, but she was so busy that she didn't even have time to visit the famous tourist destinations, like Eiffel Tower, Champ Elysee, Arc de Triomphe not even Moulin Rouge.

While Michelle was studying extremely hard, Kashfiya was busy socializing with her friends. The sight of Michelle walking around campus holding stack of books is very familiar to all her friends.

Sometimes Michelle would stay in her room to try on her graduation hat. The day og her graduation from Sorbonne had finally arrived.

One day when she had finished praying, while looking up at the statue of Jesus, she felt something strange in the atmosphere. It was dusk when she finally came out of the church. Glancing around she was quite alone. From the front of the church a young man stepped out with another guy, Michelle saw the two men exchanging looks at each other, then turned to see her. Feeling uneasy, she ran away immediately. He called out to her.

"I ... I have something to say to you."

Michelle didn't even slower her pace.

"Do not run, you'll fall."

Michelle ran faster.

He ran in front of her to stop her at her path. Michelle looked up at him, nervously.

"I work for a fashion magazine my name Pierre. Trust me, I I have something to say to you. It's to your advantage."

"I do not want to hear."

"It is beneficial for you too."

Pierre said again.

Moments later, the two of them were sitting at a table in a small coffee shop. There were two lovely coffee mugs in front of them.

"Thank you!"

"I saw you walk past this church every day. I go to Sorbonne "

Michelle moved up "Are you stalking my class?"

Pierre stuttered, "N..n...no, it's not like that, please listen to my explanation for one  moment. I think you are pretty astounding, you are tall and slender, and very beautiful."

Michelle cut him off calmly,"Please get to your point, I am in a hurry."

Pierre to out some pictures of  runway models and showed them to her, "We want you to be a model."

It didn't take long for Michelle to decline the offer.

"Please, consider it first. This can bring some considerable income for a student like you."

"I have already graduated." Michelle said.

"Oh, then why don't you talk to your parents about this."

"I am an orphan from a convent."

'Oh, then you have no ties, even better. Ha ha ha.....please consider it again."

The two girls were sitting in their student's dorm room. Michelle was giving Kashfiya an update of what happened earlier, the conversation she has with Pierre.

"Oh that is so great, So Michelle, I hope you said what I hope you said."gestured Kashfiya excitedly.

"What ..."

"That you accepted the job offer to be model. Oh ... it is a wonderful chance for a girl. "

"I thought so too ... but I refused."

"What?! What?! "Kasfhfiya shrieked in disbelief " you declined oh .. " while calling God's name" my goodness, you denied the opportunity that every woman desires." Now Kashfiya bounced up," Michelle, I hope you can name someone else who is appropriate. "

Michelle smiled and said "who" knowing the answer.

"Me"

"I'm going to recommend that. But, we have a very important task ahead of us. To do isocial work with the children in your country "

"Awwwww ... that's right. We have to go home." Kashfiya sighed with regret.

They turned off the lights, and the bedroom turned drk. But there was a small dim light from a candle by the statue of the Madonna on the shelf. Michelle looked at the statue, while Kashfiya was already in deep slumber.

Michelle prayed in her heart heart "When Kashfiya  returns home I will go back with her. Even though that's not my home, I will call it home where ever it is. "


Soon Michelle was dreaming ... she dreamt that she was in a desolated desert. All around her was a copper color ocean of sand. The wind blew the sand towards her. Michelle turned around and stopped, in the distance she saw the figure of a man. She could only see his veiled silhouette, walking towards her.

Michelle moved restlessly in her bed.

The mysterious man, was getting closer to her. His tunic and head scarf flapping and fluttering in the wind. Michelle stepped a few paces back feeling unsure and feer, looking around there was no where for her to hide. She looked on as he slowly approaches. She could see him so close to her.

Michelle tried to run away,"Stop there, stop there, who are you? who are you? answer me!"

As she tried to run away, she stumbled to the ground. The man stopped, standing motionless in front of her. She looked at his dark silhuette, but was not able to see his face, she could only see the twinkle in his eyes.

"Who are you? Please help me, I'm all alone, please help me, I have no one, you will help me, right?" tears filling her eyes.

The man reached out his hands, and gently wiped the tears from her cheeks. Michelle closed her eyes, her chest filled with sobs.

"Do you pity me, huh?"
He nodded.

"Who are you/ Do I know you? "

He didn't answer.

"I want to see you!"
He shooked his head.

"May I see your face? Please, I want to see you! "

The man backed away slowly and drift towards the left.
"Do not go ... Do not go," she pleaded.
.
"Then we will meet again," He said.
"When?"
"Soon.., We will meet. You need to find me again.., And we'll be together forever. "

Michelle wonders, "What do you mean by it ... why?"

Then he faded away.

"Do not go ... Do not go yet."

Suddenly Michelle jumped up. Reaching out to pull the veil away, and the dark veil fell down. Suddenly she jerked up, startled. Michelle was sweaty, she sat up, rubbed her eyes for a while, then let out long sighs, hshe looked around her, to find that she was in her room. In the stillness of the dark room, she looked at the other bed where Kashfiya slept. Kashfiya was still sleeping profoundly, she rolled over and breathed regularly.

Michelle, laid back down, covering her body with the blankets, she can feel that her tears were rolling down her face.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the first 3 chapters. I would love to read more.

    ReplyDelete