Pages

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Manga: Nurarihyon No Mago

Image

This manga, I must say, I'm crazy about. I even liked the Anime version, although it is not 100% true to the manga. And mind you, I loved it so much that I went ahead and snipped all my favorite scenes to make my wallpaper, and put it on my desktop, laptop, tablet and smartphone. Unlike Inuyasha (my craze for this is dying out after more than 10 years) Nurarihyon does not focus on the romance element. Well we do see a little puppy love here and there, but not too much.

The story focuses on the hero journey of 13 years old Nura Rikuo, who is 1/4 Youkai (demon), Rikuo is destined to be the third heir of the Nurarihyon Youkai Clan, and the story starts off with his struggle, being part human to avoid that destiny and trying to live as a normal human boy, but towards the middle of the story we see his fight to be the leader of the clan, where being part human, can be seen as a weakness. With the help of his friends and his dotting grandfather, he overcomes each challenges as it comes.

Link to the manga here

Link to the anime here

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment